Experts in this TalentCloud are expected to understand their systems thoroughly. Following that, they research, plan, and devise resilient security mechanisms. Other tasks, abilities, and responsibilities may include:
- Cloud Security Engineers work closely with Architects for routers, LANs (local area networks), WANs (wide area networks), firewalls, VPNs (virtual private networks), and other susceptible network devices.
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Testing for vulnerabilities
- Performing security evaluations
- Researching security systems and standards
- Authenticating protocols
- Good understanding of firewall NGFW technologies (Cisco ASA/FTD, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet).
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as VPN, IPsec, PKI, and TCPI/IP stack.
- Experience understanding protocols such as TLS, HTTPS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SNMP, and DNS.
- Experience in managing enterprise cloud orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience and knowledge of Identity and security management tools
- Experience in enterprise application security governance process.
- Experience in implementing cloud-based container vulnerability scanning tool