Adopting Hadoop into your business intelligence and analytics architecture is much more than a technology exercise. Geared for enterprise architects, and IT or business leaders responsible for providing and supporting analytics services to other business areas, this Experfy workshop we'll cover a framework to help you avoid getting lost in a soup of technology buzzwords related to Hadoop. You’ll gain an understanding of its usefulness for solving business problems as well as how it fits into an overall landscape of technologies necessary to fully enable its use. We’ll start with an overview of the Hadoop technology ecosystem and explains the key options that should be considered when devising a value-centric strategy for adopting it. Once the why and how of your strategy is defined you need a roadmap to chart your course. Adopting Hadoop for any significant enterprise-wide use requires coordinated effort by a diverse team of technical and business experts over many months. Without a roadmap to guide the way, your team will likely veer off course. In the “From Strategy to Roadmap” module we’ll investigate two broad usage categories: Cost savings and insight creation. Although these uses are not mutually exclusive, the adoption roadmaps for them vary enough to consider them separately. Whether your objective for adopting Hadoop is primarily for IT cost savings and efficiency or for business insight creation it is important to remain focused on achieving the expected value. Along the way there will be many business decisions regarding risk and rewards, process and procedure, investments and security. An actionable roadmap will include guideposts and milestones to chart a course and measure your progress. The last two modules of the workshop focus on specific guidance for the business and technology aspects of your adoption roadmap. By the end of this workshop you’ll be prepared to organize and execute an adoption strategy for Hadoop so that it becomes a fully-enabled capability in your IT architecture for business intelligence and analytics.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Describe the primary ways Hadoop enables you to create business benefits
- Identify the technical hurdles to adopting it
- Organize an approach to effectively adopt Hadoop whether for cost-savings or business-insight purposes
- Describe six categories of use cases for Hadoop, high level technical architectures for each along with the benefits of each and the technical skills necessary to achieve them.
- Describe the technical and business experts you will need to be successful
- Define processes both for creating business value with Hadoop and for completing technical R&D to deepen your team's practical knowledge of it.
- Identify milestones of progress
- Identify cross-cutting concerns and decisions that impact the approach you take and the pace at which you can adopt Hadoop.