This program is part of the New Management Fundamentals Series. The overall goal of this program is to enable managers to learn and apply a practical approach to managing the performance of employees in a way that will achieve organizational results while enhancing the development and engagement of employees. Our performance management process is designed to get past the traditional annual performance plan and presents tools, templates and skills that reflect the current reality managers are facing -- dynamic, fast moving, complex, team-based, and cross-functional. Learners will complete each stage of the process, understand the management skills required to put it into practice as well as identify future opportunities for development.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Define the purpose and ultimate goal of performance management.
- Articulate a practical and effective performance management process.
- Create both mutually understood standards of performance and relevant performance goals.
- Assess employee performance in an actionable way.
- Prepare a results-based performance conversation and make adjustments to performance goals (where appropriate).