This program is part of the New Management Fundamentals Series. The overall goal of this program is to enable managers to learn a practical approach to developing the talent around them -- with an emphasis on their direct reports. We believe that a fundamental responsibility of managers is to enable employees to reach their full potential at work while ensuring the organization achieves meaningful results. Our talent development process is designed to create a productive work environment that is conducive to personal growth and is grounded in a developmental partnership between a manager and her/his people. This program contains concepts, models, tools, templates and skill building that reflect the current reality managers are facing -- dynamic, fast moving, complex, team-based, and cross-functional. Learners will complete a series of exercises that will help them put their learning into practice as well as identify future opportunities for their own continued development.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Define the purpose and ultimate goal of talent development.
- Articulate a practical and effective talent development process.
- Explain the manager's and the employee's role (along with other key stakeholders) in the development process.
- Differentiate between training, learning, and development.
- Leverage an Individual Development Plan (IDP) as the platform for sustained development.
- Position "feedback" as the always-on catalyst for talent development.