Starting with an explanation of what all cloud models have in common, you learn how SAAS relates to PAAS and IAAS, and how to navigate the jungle of different options on AWS, Azure and Google.
The total video content is about 58 minutes. You should expect to spend 30-60 minutes in total on the exercises.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand the fundamentals of the cloud computing model from a business and technical point of view.
- Understand the differences between the most common cloud service categories: Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Summarize the main offerings from the top cloud providers.
Prerequisites and Target Audience
What will students need to know or do before starting this course?
- Basic understanding of IT concepts (server, networks)
- For practical exercises: credit card and small budget ($10)
Who should take this course? Who should not?
Anyone interested in getting started with Cloud Computing
Business people wanting to understand why companies may want to move to cloud
Module 1: Introduction, Motivation, & Common Features.
Common Features Solution
Module 2: Cloud Products & Services
AWS - Solution to the exercise
Microsoft Azure Solution
Module 3: Conclusion and Final Remarks