This Big Data training gives one the background necessary to start doing analyst work on Big Data. It covers - areas like Big Data basics, Hadoop basics and tools like Hive and Pig - which allows one to load large data sets on Hadoop and start playing around with SQL Like queries over it using Hive and do analysis and Data Wrangling work with Pig. The Big Data online course also teaches Machine Learning Basics and Data Science using R and also covers Mahout briefly - a Recommendation, Clustering Engine on Large data sets. The course includes hands-on exercises with Hadoop, Hive , Pig and R with some examples of using R to do Machine Learning and Data Science work
What am I going to get from this course?
- Students will get a good idea of Big Data Landscape, Learn basics of Big Data and Hadoop and HDFS.
- Students will also learn to use tools like - Hive and Pig - both from a theoretical aspect as well as Hands on.
- Students will Learn some amount of R and SparkR ( a big data processing framework )
- Students will learn about Mahout and also about Data Science and where it is used
- Students will learn basics of some Data Science Algorithms like - Decision Trees, Naive Bayes and Clustering algorithms and do hands on work with them
- Students will learn about R on Hadoop - tools and solutions
- Students will also learn how to use Hadoop Virtual Machines on their laptop